Here’s me in 30 seconds:
- I’m a venture builder, educator and talent developer based in New York City (originally from London)
- My work focuses on two main areas:
Want to learn more? Here’s me in a couple of minutes:
photo by Isaac Rosenthal for Swan Feather.
I’ve spent the majority of my career working at the intersection of creativity, business, and technology with a wide variety of talented and ambitious people.
I’m particularly adept at making the complex simple, connecting dots, mapping and managing projects, and empowering people around me to do great work.
There are 4 main areas that underpin what I’m interested in:
I’m exploring where these areas can be fused, remixed and reimagined.
I often get involved with companies, people and projects when they are going through a period of discovery, growth or change (maybe it’s something to do with being INFJ)
During my career I’ve spent several years in the music industry as a talent agent, publisher, entrepreneur and (occasional) DJ; been a producer and project manager at leading digital agencies; and worked with a range of technology startups across health & fitness, sustainability, entertainment and ecommerce.
Outside of work some of the things I enjoy include:
- Boxing (southpaw)
- Music (techno, post-punk, afrobeat and a lot more)
- Football/soccer (centre-back to play, Crystal Palace to watch – both are erratic and unglamorous, but sometimes pretty effective)
- Cycling (single speed)
- Traveling (wherever I can)
- Yoga (frog, on a good day)
- Improv (just started, trying not to be a 3rd rate Larry David)
- Reading (mainly non-fiction plus some Nordic noir)
- Cooking (from the Gjelina cookbook)