Hello, I’m Howard.
After 10 years building a talent agency, producing parties, and traveling to gigs in Belgrade, Buenos Aires, Beirut and other places not starting with B, I began to remix information, instead of music.
Today, I build solutions at the intersection of information, engagement, and live experience. I guess I’m still a DJ and producer at heart.
Thinking, Speaking, Writing, Listening
Here are a few of my most popular articles:
- How to calculate the time you need to create a workshop
- A simple recipe for working independently
- Why the future of learning is in the middle
- The Educator in Residence
- Avicii: True Stories: A tale of tragedy, excess, indifference, and home truths
- My Podcast Gear: recording, editing, and publishing
- When you’re not killing it
- How one club night became the turning point for my business
My eclectic background includes founding and successfully exiting two companies; managing the touring careers of creative artists performing in over 60 countries; working with a range of technology startups across health & fitness, sustainability, and
Outside of work some of the things I enjoy include:
- Music (techno, post-punk, afrobeat and a lot more – I’m also considering coming out of DJ retirement…let’s see)
- Boxing (southpaw)
- Football/soccer (
centre-backto play, Crystal Palace to watch – both are erratic and unglamorous, but sometimes pretty effective)
- Traveling (wherever I can)
- Improv & Standup Comedy (trying not to be a 3rd rate
- Yoga (frog, on a very good day)
- Cycling (single speed)
- Kayaking (slowly)
- Reading (mainly non-fiction plus some Nordic noir)
- Cooking (from the Gjelina cookbook)
I’ve collected some of my favourite podcasts, playlists, books, and other things on this page.
Other (possibly) useful information: I’m a Gemini, Enneagram Type 5, left-handed, and very tall.
Say hello using the form below. You can also connect with me on: