Here’s me in 10 seconds:
- I’m a hands-on producer, product manager, fixer and facilitator based in NYC
- I love curating talent, tools and ideas to create new things and impact people and organizations in positive ways
- Companies usually hire me to help envision, build and manage digital products, or design interactive workshops and programs
- I curate and host a podcast series exploring the future of live experiences
- Here’s what I’m doing now
- Here’s how you can get in touch with me
Want to learn more? Here’s me in a couple of minutes:
photo by Isaac Rosenthal for Swan Feather.
I’ve spent my career working at the intersection of creativity, business and technology with a wide variety of talented and ambitious people.
Currently I’m based in New York and shuttle between there, London and a few other places too.
I’m best described as a hands-on producer, facilitator and fixer with experience and expertise in multiple disciplines.
There are 4 main areas that underpin what I’m interested in:
I’m exploring where these areas can be fused, remixed and reimagined.
Companies usually hire me to do one (or more) of these things:
- get new products envisioned, built and shipped successfully
- design and run programs for people to build their capabilities, confidence and connections
- market and sell products & services through smart digital strategies and compelling live experiences
- launch operations and initatives in new territories
- curate and connect talent
I often get involved when companies, people or projects are going through a period of discovery, growth or change. Maybe it’s something to do with being INFJ.
My main line of work is as founder of H Bureau; a specialist consultancy practice helping companies design and deliver more impactful experiences through education, entertainment and technology. We also build our own ventures and put them out into the world.
During my career I’ve spent several years in the music industry as a talent agent, publisher and entrepreneur; been a project manager at digital advertising agencies; and worked with a range of technology startups in health & fitness, media, entertainment and ecommerce.
Outside of work some of the things I enjoy include:
- Boxing (southpaw)
- Music (techno, post-punk, afrobeat and a lot more)
- Yoga (frog, on a good day)
- Football/soccer (centre-back to play, Crystal Palace to watch – both are erratic and unglamorous, but sometimes pretty effective)
- Cycling (single speed)
- Traveling (wherever I can)
- Improv (just started, trying not to be a 3rd rate Larry David)
- Reading (mainly non fiction plus some Nordic noir)
- Cooking (from the Gjelina cookbook)
Howard has been working at the intersection of creativity, business and technology for over a decade, founding his first company aged 22.
He is the founder of H Bureau, a specialist consultancy practice helping companies design and deliver more impactful experiences through education, entertainment and technology.
Howard’s eclectic background includes founding, building and exiting two companies, booking over 5000 shows in 60 countries as a talent agent, managing complex enterprise software builds, and facilitating training programs for execs at companies such as IBM, MasterCard, Ikea, McKinsey and Philips.
Originally from London, he is now based in NYC.