My eclectic background includes founding and successfully exiting two companies; managing the touring careers of creative artists performing in over 60 countries; working with a range of technology startups across health & fitness, sustainability, and ecommerce; building knowledge sharing systems at a Ministry of Defence technology lab; and promoting raves in the forests of South-East England.
Questions I seek to answer…
- How can we feel better equipped to do the work we want to do in the world?
- How can we better synthesize all this information we’re now drowning in?
- Wtf do the next generation of careers and skills look like?
- How can we use the magic of media, technology, and culture to make learning feel more vital and engaging?
- Where can I find the perfect breakfast?
Here’s how I’m aiming to answer them…
- My own ventures:
- My own content: Writing, Podcasts, Speaking
- Helping others: Teaching, Facilitation, Coaching, Mentoring
Outside of work some of the things I enjoy include:
- Music (techno, post-punk, afrobeat and a lot more – I’m also considering coming out of DJ retirement…let’s see)
- Boxing (southpaw)
- Football/soccer (centre-back to play, Crystal Palace to watch – both are erratic and unglamorous, but sometimes pretty effective)
- Traveling (wherever I can)
- Improv & Standup Comedy (trying not to be a 3rd rate Larry David)
- Yoga (frog, on a very good day)
- Cycling (single speed)
- Kayaking (slowly)
- Reading (mainly non-fiction plus some Nordic noir)
- Cooking (Ottolenghi style)
Recommendations: I’ve collected some of my favourite podcasts, playlists, books, and other things.
Other (possibly) useful information:
- My core values are Freedom, Curiosity, Collaboration, Learning by Doing, and Inclusivity
- If I’m good at anything it’s probably investigating, designing, and communicating. Especially all three together. While drinking coffee.
- I’m a Gemini, Enneagram Type 5, left-handed, and very tall.