A few of my favourite books, blogs, podcasts, tools, playlists, and mixtapes.
- Joe Rogan
- The Moment
- The Tension
I like reading. I also like collating things to read.
There are a few piles of books in my apartment, a list of books on a Trello board, clippings from articles, transcripts from videos, blog posts to review.
I’m currently collating a new list for 2020 🙂
- The Usual Suspects
- Terminator 2: Judgment Day
- La Haine
- The Prestige
- Marriage Story
When I was 8 years old I bought my first album – The Greatest Hits of 1990 compilation.
It was a double cassette as we didn’t have a CD player at home.
I was exposed to such wonders as Adamski, The Adventures of Stevie V and 808 State (alongside Jason Donovan and Bros of course), and would constantly play, rewind, play, rewind.
At the time I had no idea what these crazy sounds were, but I liked them.
Fast forward 25 years or so and I’ve since spent time working in a record store, promoting events, DJ’ing, and representing artists as a talent agent.
It’s pretty safe to say music is a big part of my life.
Here are a few things I’m listening to right now. Enjoy.
Some of the technologies and tools I use in my work:
- Productivity: Notion, Evernote
- Podcasting: eCamm Recorder, Skype, Audio Technica mics, Zoom H5 recorder, Audacity
- Video Production: iPhone 7, Boya lavalier mic, iMovie
- Writing: Scrivener, lots of notebooks, Pentel pens, and index cards
- Coding: Sublime Text, Github
- Online Security: Avast VPN,
- Design: Sketch,
Carrd, WordPress, Google Slides